Friday, November 16, 2012

Tricks or Treats

Annual Pumpkin Carving at the Hoffman's
Cora lays out newspaper, we get our pumpkins, gut them... I love this part. I feel so accomplished when I have a nice clean pumpkin. Plus I love to bake the seeds, which this year I never got around to doing so I had to toss the seeds :-( Sad because the recipe I use was one my brother put into a class Halloween cook book when he was in elementary school- Perkey Pumpkin Seeds. After cleaning them we start carving. Mostly fun free hand, but occasionally we follow a pattern. Austin and I had fun this year doing a really cool one of the headless horseman. He did a great job, it was the best pumpkin we had! 






I started a tradition of carving the kid's ages into the backs of their pumpkins so I can always remember how old they were that year. Then they take pictures by their pumpkins. 

I made cupcakes...very large cupcakes. I guess I need to freshen up on my fractions a bit. My 2/3s full was more like 7/8ths full. But I added pudding to the mix and they were so dang delicious that they might have well been twice this big and I would have still eaten every last crumb. 


Look at that effort!!! Master Pumpkin artist in the making. 


My Speedy little Spider. 


Austin on the left and his good friend Cory on the right.


A Black Widow, Scooby Doo, and Rapunzel


Two thumbs up for Trick or Treating this year. 



No comments:

You Might Also Like...