Thursday, March 11, 2010

Emliy Adel Hoffman

Looks can be so deceiving. This looks like a happy woman in labor on a beautiful Sunday morning, but really time quickly changes everything thing. The short story goes a little something like this: Contractions at home starting at 9ish the morning of March 7th. Off to the hospital; checked and then admitted at 11:30- dilated to 4 cm, 70% effaced; waiting for epidural until 12:00, pain getting stronger, not smiling anymore; waiting for epidural until 2:00 pain crazy out of control, not quiet anymore; epidural at 2:15 screaming 2 contractions/4 pushes later out comes our baby girl, and then the epidural kicks in....ahh relief.

Emily: 5lbs 13 oz, 19 in long
Father's nose, Mother's ears
Made of a perfect blend of:
Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice.

Our new addition. We are so thankful for a safe and healthy labor and delivery. We thank God for all that we have been blessed with, it truly is amazing.



JR the great big brother. He LOVES to hold her, kiss her, give her five and knuckles. I think the adjustment has been harder on me than it has on him. I swear on Sunday when we left for the hospital I had a baby boy, but now coming home to him I have a little boy.... and really not so little, he seems huge to me now like I can hardly recognize him. I'm sure this is normal second baby stuff, but it is crazy to me.



The color is a little off on this one, but she still looks sweet to me. Lots more pictures to come....




No comments:

You Might Also Like...