My sister passed away this past week, after a lifelong battle with Cystic Fibrosis. She had been fighting hard these past few years, staying in and out of hospitals. She was looking forward to getting a lung transplant, and receiving her new "pinky" lungs as she called them. She had been working on getting stronger, while she lived at the cabin with my parents the past four months. It was a real gift from God that they got to spend so much time together. My mom and her got to watch many good movies, and that time together is something I know my mom will always be grateful for. Eydie, her partner was so strong by her side for the past 15 years. Shawnii was very lucky to have both my parents and Eydie there for her.
Though this is a very hard time for my family, we all are comforted by the fact that she can breath at last! We know she is smiling down from heaven, just breathing in and out- something she fought hard to do all day long for the past several years. She finally has her pinky lungs, and we are so happy for that. I get a lot of strength from picturing her amazing smile as she stands next to my brother in heaven. I know they are happy to see one another again, and if you knew either one of them their smiles are enough to keep the heavens bright for eternity.
There are so many things I will miss; the way she got a little crinkle in the corners of her eyes when she'd smile because it didn't seem to fit on her face it was so big, her hands so delicate, her love for movies and gummy candies, her passion for cooking, but most of all her gentle manner. Though at times she'd give the appearance of being a tough lady, really inside she was the kindest, softest being I've ever met.
I'll never forget all the times she was there for me... every time I'd need her she was there, listening and encouraging. I know she was proud of me, but God knows I couldn't have become the person I am without her by my side. I am so proud of her... I was so proud to have her stand by my side the day I got married, and so proud that she was one of the first to hold by baby boy.
I will miss her more than words can say, but know that one day we will be together again.
....I love you Turtle Face.
No comments:
Post a Comment